Quick rundown of a new minigame coming! RuneRoyale is a battle-royale (Fortnite, PUBG, etc.) style minigame where you and X amount of other players spawn into a world where you start with minimal items. You can obtain more items by gathering resources, selling resources, looting randomly spawned chests, killing NPCs and other players, and trading bottle-caps with Scavenger Shops. With the exception of spawn and Scavenger Shop areas, the entire map is a hostile environment. I. Starting RuneRoyale
To begin RuneRoyal players will teleport to the lobby area. The lobby area features a shop NPC to spend RuneRoyale Tokens at, for rewards. NPCs that explain what RuneRoyale is, a small bank area, a map table which shows the minimap view of RuneRoyale maps, and a portal for joining the waiting lobby. Players cannot wear items into RuneRoyal. A minimum of 2 players is required to start a RuneRoyale match.
After waiting for the countdown timer, players are teleported to a suitable map for the number of players that are playing. Once teleported, there's a safe timer on all players for 15 seconds, where players cannot be attacked. Players spawn with the following gear:
At this point, your main objectives are:
- Full Bronze Armor
- Bronze Tools
- Small Fishing Net
- Bronze Scimitar
- 5 Shrimp
- Storage Container
II. Obtaining Resources
- Stay alive
- Kill other players and NPCs.
- Obtain resources to sell to Scavenger Shops.
- Upgrade gear and tools.
- Loot chests around the map.
- Be the last person standing
There are several ways to obtain resources and bottlecaps:
III. Upgrading Gear and ToolsUpgrading Gear
- Raw Resources: Mining, Woodcutting, and Fishing
- Killing NPCs which drop PvP/PvM gear, raw resources, and bottlecaps.
- Killing other players. You'll receive their items + bottlecaps.
- Looting chests- The spawns are the same, but there isn't guaranteed to be loot in them.
- You can get better gear by A)
receiving it as loot from players or NPCs, or B)
purchasing it from Scavenger Shops using bottlecaps.Upgrading Tools
- Higher level tools are required to get higher-level resources. Tools are automatically upgraded just by using them.
Below is an example of the upgrading chart for Woodcutting:In this example, you'll need to chop 5 trees to be upgraded to an iron hatchet.
And chop 10 Oak trees to be upgraded to a mithril hatchet.IV. Maps
There's a total of 3 different maps, based on how many players are playing the game. Small (2 to 5 players), Medium (6 to 9 players) and Large (10+ players)
An example of a medium-sized map:
- Each map has a central spawn area which is a safe zone.
- Red areas of the map have higher chances of spawning harder/more hostile NPCs.
- Scavenger shops are marked by a sword icon on the minimap.
- Prayer restore is marked by an altar icon on the minimap.
- Areas with a light blue/green hue are safe areas.
- Resources spawn randomly throughout the map, mining, woodcutting, and fishing symbols are where you'll find higher-level resources.
- Giftbox minimap icons show that there's a chest in that area.
After each game of RuneRoyale you play, you'll be given points based on your performance. The highest amount of points comes from being the last player standing. Large portion of points are awarded for killing other players. You're also given points for looting chests, killing NPCs, obtaining resources, and upgrading gear.[/br][/br]
Points can be exchanged in the RuneRoyale lobby for awesome rewards such as gear, barrows, mystery boxes, XP lamps, and RuneRoyale exclusive cosmetics
. VI. Other Important Notes
VII. More ScreenshotsThe RuneRoyal LobbyThe RuneRoyal Game Waiting RoomMedium-Sized Map SpawnA Hidden Chest on a Medium-Sized MapA Scavenger Shop and Prayer Restoration AreaGeneral Views of a Medium-Sized Map
- Players cannot bank, however they have a Storage Container which can hold a maximum of 10 items.
- Every 2 minutes new NPCs spawn, these NPCs get progressively harder.
- Every 2 minutes chests respawn, the loot in these chests gets better as the game progresses.
- Skills and level requirements are ignored for this game mode. A level 3 with no stats will have the same ability as a maxed account.
- The only obtainable fish are: Shrimp, Swordfish, Lobster, Sharks, and Manta Ray.
- Gem Rocks throughout the map give random gems which can be sold to Scavenger Shops.
- Prayer can only be restored every 90 seconds.
- All NPCs are hostile within a certain distance.
- You don't get to keep any items obtained in RuneRoyale, you're only given RuneRoyale Tokens as a reward.